Unusual Reading Places

We are writing for kids and want to inspire them to read, to not be able to put our books down! When I was in 5th grade I read so much that my teachers warned my parents to not let me read walking down the street (as was my habit). It was just too dangerous! As it happened, I did run into a few lamp posts and get a few bumps on my head, but nothing to bad. I kept reading…but not while I was walking anymore.
This weekend, I was at my daughter’s dance recital. It was cute watching her try to remember a complicated jazz/tap routine. But there were a lot of other classes performing and the whole show lasted two hours, so naturally, I brought a book.  It turned out to be a great place to read, especially since I lucked out and got a seat right under a light that stayed on the whole show.
I’m reading THE BRIEF WONDROUS LIFE OF OSCAR WAO by Junot Diaz, winner of the Pulitzer Prize, about a boy and his sister living in New Jersey, and their mother, originally from the Dominican Republic, who is forced to leave after she becomes wanted by the secret police. 
What is the most unusual place you have ever read a book?

Comments

  1. That's a tough one, since I read pretty much everywhere. Planes, trains, autos, under covers, on the potty, in a treehouse, during meetings, in class, etc. I always wondered about people you see in movies reading in the tub and finally got a chance to try it a year or two ago when I broke my wrist. That was interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please sign up to follow my blog!
I welcome your comments, feedback, questions and engagement.
Have a peaceful, meaningful and joy-filled day!